The Complete Works of Hans Rookmaaker, edited by Marleen Hengelaar-Rookmaaker
Unabridged, fully searchable PDF containing the contents of all 6 volumes
Minimum system requirements Windows 98 SE or Mac OS X
1. Art, Artists and Gauguin
2. New Orleans Jazz, Mahalia Jackson and the Philosophy of Art
3. The Creative Gift, Dürer, Dada and Desolation Row
4. Western Art and the Meanderings of a Culture
5. Modern Art and the Death of a Culture
6. Our Calling and God’s Hand in History
It is a wonderful thought that this man's rare wisdom, which so radically changed the lives of those who knew him, can now find its way to a wider audience in the pages which follow. Rookmaaker's is a timely wisdom, and it will inspire thousands for decades to come.
Jeremy Begbie, Theology Through the Arts, Cambridge/St Andrews
Dr Rookmaaker often made the point that when we stop talking about an artist, that artist dies. These collected works bring together, for the first time, the range of Rookmaaker’s thinking on the arts and culture. Our conversation with him is alive and well.
Peter S Smith, Head of Art and Design, Kingston College
Compact, easy to carry. Fully searchable. Complete text. PC & Mac compatible.